Anthony “Tony” Grega, founder of Grega Law Group, was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. Tony has practiced for over 20 years in Washington State. Tony’s practice focuses primarily on the representation of individuals who suffer personal injuries. His extensive career also includes representation of several well-known business owners.
Tony Grega is licensed to practice in Washington.
University of Washington School of Law
University of Washington
B.A., Business Administration, 1986
- In his first years of practice, Tony Grega overcame over 100 years of case law when he argued for an apple exporter whose goods were damaged somewhere between their point of origin and their destination when they were shipped by truck to their containers, and then shipped overseas to a foreign port. The case law required the case to be heard in the jurisdiction stipulated in each bill of lading, one in Yakima and one in Tokyo, Japan. Tony argued that two different jurisdictions would separate the case in such a way that the trucking company and the shipping company would each create an “empty chair defendant” to blame for its failure to protect the cargo. Tony Grega persuaded the Federal Court to join the case and thereby not deprive the plaintiff of his day in court. The trucking and ocean freight companies then paid for the exporter’s loss rather than appeal the decision and possibly create new shipping law.
- Tony won at trial for a former All-Pro professional football player who had a contract dispute, obtaining every dollar for which suit was brought.
- In one of his largest cases to-date, Tony recovered a confidential sum for a family of 6 involved in an accident when their rental car company failed to properly warn them about their rented van’s propensity to tip over.
- Tony recovered over $700,000 for a woman who suffered a severe leg injury when she was struck by a semi-truck at a gas station.
- In 2013, Tony obtained a verdict of over $1.3 million dollars for a motorcyclist struck by a truck on 1-405 in Bellevue, Washington.
- In 2014, Tony obtained a policy-limits settlement for $1.5 million dollars for motorcycle rider and driver who were hit by an SUV. When the defendant denied that she ran the red light, Tony pored over frame after frame of surveillance video. He eventually found a speck in a window that he realized was a reflection of his clients’ “WALK” signal, proving that they rode through a green light and that they were fault-free.
- In 2015, Tony recovered $1.15 million for a woman who was knocked down as a pedestrian by a car and was then injured further when her car was struck by another car that ran a stop sign.
- In over 20 years of practice, Tony has recovered many millions of dollars for thousands of clients injured as a result of the negligence or intentional acts of others.